How to hire WordPress developers
WordPress is best known as a tool for helping non-developers quickly set up a personal website or blog. But for those who need a bit more customizability and performance in their websites, a WordPress developer can help.
So how do you find a WordPress developer? What follows are some tips for finding top WordPress developers on Upwork.
What is WordPress?
2020欧洲杯在线直播WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS) that is especially useful for those looking to quickly set up a website or blog with a pre-built theme. A WordPress developer is simply a web developer who specializes in making the most of this CMS.
2020欧洲杯在线直播Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in WordPress development freelancers:
- Mastery of the WordPress ecosystem (plugins, themes, etc.)
- Back-end web development, especially PHP and MySQL
- Troubleshooting, debugging, cybersecurity and maintenance of WordPress sites
WordPress development consultants help businesses take their WordPress sites to the next level of performance.
How to shortlist WordPress development freelancers
2020欧洲杯在线直播As you’re browsing available WordPress development consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want a WordPress developer who has experience with the specific technologies (e.g. frameworks, libraries, etc.) you plan to use on your website.
- Organization. A well-documented codebase is easier to maintain and upgrade.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular WordPress developer.
Why do you want to hire WordPress developers?
The trick to finding top WordPress developers is to identify your needs. Do you need help repairing the damage done to your WordPress site by a virus? Or are you looking for someone to integrate a specific web technology, such as React, with WordPress? The cost of your WordPress project will depend largely on your scope of work, and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How to write an effective WordPress development job post
With a clear picture of your ideal WordPress developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would with employment, aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective WordPress development job post should include:
- Scope of work: From ongoing site maintenance to building a WordPress app from scratch, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience working with certain tools, frameworks, and libraries, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Eager to join millions of others and start hosting your website or blog on the most popular CMS on the web? Log in and post your WordPress development job on Upwork today.