HOW TO HIRE TOP VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS
How to hire virtual assistants
2020欧洲杯在线直播From fielding phone calls to scheduling meetings to data entry, if you’re drowning in the minutiae of running a business, a virtual assistant could help.
2020欧洲杯在线直播So how do you find a virtual assistant? What follows are some tips for finding top virtual assistants on Upwork.
How to shortlist professional virtual assistants
As you’re browsing available virtual assistants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. From project collaboration tools (e.g., Trello) to teleconferencing services (e.g., GoToMeeting), you want a virtual assistant who can slide right into your existing workflow.
- Organization. Virtual assistants are perfect for administrative tasks such as organizing company files and folders and assisting with document control.
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular virtual assistant.
Ready to interview virtual assistance talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project? Here are some sample interview questions.
How to write an effective virtual assistant job post
With a clear picture of your ideal virtual assistant in mind, it’s time to write that job post2020欧洲杯在线直播. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
2020欧洲杯在线直播An effective virtual assistant job post should include:
- Scope of work: From booking travel arrangements to data entry, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: f you prefer experience working with certain industries or tools mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to streamline your business processes by leveraging the flexibility and resourcefulness of a virtual assistant? Log in and post your virtual assistant job on Upwork today.
VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS FAQ
What is a virtual assistant?
A virtual assistant is a remote office assistant. Such assistants can provide the same administrative, clerical, and support services to your business that a secretary might do in person. From booking appointments to handling travel arrangements to taking meeting minutes and even handling project management, if it can be done remotely, a virtual assistant can help.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in freelance virtual assistants:
- Administrative support
- Customer service
- Research and data entry
- Time management
Virtual assistants help businesses reduce administrative overhead by serving as flexible, reliable, and resourceful sources of talent.
Why hire virtual assistants?
The trick to finding top virtual assistants is to identify your needs. Do you need help with simple administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and answering phone calls? Or do you also require industry-specific experience such as knowledge of government standards for document control? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a virtual assistant?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced virtual assistant may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their virtual assistant services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.