HOW TO HIRE TOP SEO EXPERTS
How to hire SEO experts
2020欧洲杯在线直播Want to improve your ranking on major search engines such as Google? An SEO expert can help you perform the keyword research, SEO content generation, and on-site optimization that goes into an SEO campaign.
So how do you find an SEO expert? What follows are some tips on how you can find top SEO experts on Upwork.
How to shortlist SEO professionals
As you’re browsing available SEO consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want an SEO expert who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., monitoring a website’s SEO performance with Google Search Console).
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular SEO expert.
Ready to interview SEO talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project? Here are some sample interview questions.
How to write an effective SEO job post
With a clear picture of your ideal SEO expert in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective SEO job post should include:
- Scope of work: From SEO audits to link building, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: Translate your SEO needs into a freelancer profile. If you prefer experience working with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to create an SEO campaign that will help drive organic traffic to your business? Log in and post your SEO job on Upwork today.
SEO EXPERTS FAQ
What is SEO?
SEO is short for search engine optimization and refers to all activities that help search engines better recognize and correlate websites with certain search terms. The more relevant a search engine deems your website or content is with a keyword, the higher you will rank for that keyword.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in SEO professionals:
- Keyword research (e.g., Keyword Planner, SEMrush)
- On-site optimization (e.g., HTML headers, alt text, images)
- Off-site optimization (e.g., guest posting, link building)
- SEO content generation and planning
- Competitor analysis and SEO audits
SEO consultants help businesses better position themselves on search engines to receive traffic from their target market.
Why do you want to hire SEO experts?
The trick to finding top SEO experts is to identify your needs. Do you just need help ranking on major search engines such as Google, or are you also trying to optimize for something specific such as queries on the Apple App Store? Do you need someone with a strong guest-posting network for link building? The cost of your SEO project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire an SEO expert?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced SEO expert may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their SEO services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.